Wednesday, August 03, 2005

No Strings Attached.

Climbing difficulty: 5A - moderate

Mr. Kam : Come on! Focus!

In my head: If I let my hand go I'll surely fall.
If both feet stands on one stone, I still can't move up. Dangggg!

Mr. Kam : The string is there, just kick and grab that stone! Focus! You can do it!

In my head: I'm not gonna cheat by letting go. I've gone this far up. I'm gonna do it all on my own. [*Ego! Padahal gayat gila just hanging lose.]

Mrs Kam : Mainey, stand up! Reach up!

Me : My shoulders are tired, bring me down. [Buat muka kesian]

Mrs. Kam : Just one more and u will reach the top!

Me : [*Hesitate again x infinity} I caaaaan't.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Climbing difficulty in pix: 5C - never dreamt I'd reach there.

On the flipside.

Detaching difficulty: Sticky.

Riz : Come on!
Other ppl's problem are not yours!

In my head: *Hmmmm... it's true what Celine in 'Before Sunset' said la
"The fact that there is a soulmate is just so evil".

Riz : It's time for you to do things for yourself. Stop sweeping things under the carpet!

In my head: {Hesitated x infinity] If I do this..I'll end up (*^&*^&*^. If I do that.. I'll end up *&^*^*. It's the same as sweeping things under the carpet eih!

Riz : Gimme the broom. Let me build your interest in an electrolux!

Me : Huh???? I'm keeping my broom, but I'll try to burn the carpet. Can?
*******
Back at the gym.

Mr and Mrs Kam are one of the many young couples who frequent the climbing gym.
Tis a scene I hardly see in other sports. They obviously enjoy each other's company very much. It's one of the reasons I am comfortable being in their company.

I saw a proverb written on a white board at the (climbing) gym that says,
"The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

That hits me so hard in my head. No wonder they do not hesitate every step upwards, no wonder they want to face the challenges of being married, together, much earlier, no wonder.... no wonder...... no wonder....

I climbed faster ever since. Fear is something we can train ourselves to brave against.

All you angels who's been supportive,
Watch how I'm going to handle the rest, just you watch me.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer