Monday, July 04, 2005

High on His Persona.

18SX... not really.
At first I hated the sight of his face, especially when he boasted his courage to be in any part of the world to try out anything most human won't even think of. Maybe it's all David Copperfield's fault, he's got that high cheek bone, tall-dark-handsome and deep set eyes too. I thought he's just.... an actor like DC, with real pretence.

But I kept going to the same place, therefore, couldn't help bumping into him now and then. Later I found that slowly, my focus is only towards him.

Over time, he became the subject of conversation among me and my friends. Later, he became quite an inspiration, even towards my guy friends! And... I am comfortable with this new view I have of him.

Soon after, through a friend, I finally started to know him better.

Funny, when in most circumstances, you'll get drained in no time hearing someone's pathetic past. Especially when the conversation is full of these words, 'dope', 'cocaine', 'screw', 'kitchen top', 'sluts', 'sleepless', 'resigned', 'booze' yaaada yaada.

But I guess, his success now is so obvious that he is worthy of his past. In fact, it is so gripping that I got wet throughout the whole elaboration. Hell, it spasmed too often in the stomach too that I had to let myself off three fifth of my weekdays!

I like this hi. I like his sense of humour, a masterclass of brutal honesty; makes me lose my conscience and just break into evil laughters.

I remember him saying, "NOW, this was a truly a significant event. I remember it like I remember losing my virginity - and in many ways, more fondly". That's regarding his first experience tasting super fresh oysters right in the middle of the sea. !

I thought, maybe he should experience losing his virginity on another higher level with me! Grrrrrrrr! Slurrrppp! Sluurrrpp!! Okey, just fantasizing.

... and how he and his colleagues mocked up a murder in their workplace just to get a worker ousted. Oh, yeah! For real!

Hmmpphh... but me and my naiveness. When I'm all too crazy about him, after I told all my friends about him, was when he just had to mention the word 'mother in-law'. Dang!

Oh, yeah! His name? None other than Mr. Anthony Bourdain, when clothed, still sexier than The Naked Chefs.

Then I knew he's exactly who he is in the TV; speaks food, sleeps food, worships food, sexes food.

He's the reason I look at food, restaurants, restaurateurs differently ever since I read him. Do you know that if mussels are kept above a certain temperature after a certain hour will drench itself in its own pee?

Read "Kitchen Confidential". A great holiday companion. Don't pause too long in between reads, hopefully you won't find him more seductive than your man.

And if you haven't watched 'Decoding Ferran Adria' on Travel & Living, do so. You'll discover how someone makes food instead of cooking food in its own form. Also, get this, Ferran, hires an Industrial Engineer as a vital part of his team, which made him (Ferran) one of the world's top 100 innovators!

And thank our lucky stars we get to know this food genius through Bourdain's eyes, doubly lip smacking!

Sign,
'Man-handling Maine'.
In commemoration of MI's week for entries rated 18sx or PG only.
M Ideas is now one year and one month old.
Pulsating Poncho! Your turn pulak to make us wet!

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer