Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Song Meme Curse Stick.

This is a long impending reply to Izuan, and Misha (on karaoke list and the song I wish I could sing as good as the singer). Izuan's girlfriend is definitely back and that time ticker in his blog counting down her comeback will surely cease from our sights. I think, he will be too busy to blog anymore. Hoping that his Umrah went well. Thank you for passing this to me although I felt a little full of myself answering it. Ok... VERY full of myself, tapi korang punya pasal, amik kau.

**************************
What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
In my hard drive, only 40. That’s because I tend to repeat the same song 5 times a day and look for other types of songs by sharing other’s collections through the network.

The CD you last bought?
Best of Bananarama, I’m so happy to get to listen to ‘I Want you Back’ instead of the always spun ‘Venus’ in the radio. Wish I have the time to use the mixer and mix their songs with Rick Astley’s.

What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
“Running with the Night” by Lionel Ritchie….. over and over and over again in the car. By the way, the CD (M’sian Cottage Industry mari punya) is courtesy of Poncho Returns.

Write down five songs that you often listen to or that means a lot to you.
1. ‘I Wish’ by Gabrielle. This is my national anthem. The first time I stepped into Piccadilly (tea dance place) years ago, this song made me smile for no reason at all.

2. ‘Waiting for a Star to Fall’ by Boy meets Girl. It reminds me of the days spent at a friend’s house practicing my water colour skills (that was never really there). They kept playing the cassette over and over again and it didn’t fail to keep us happy. I found the original CD in a used items shop, I’m a proud owner of this RM15 CD. I could swear no one else in this country has it.

3. ‘I’ll be Over you’ by Toto. I will never be over the memories of a wonderful journey I had with my loved one and another friend from KL to Taiping and back. We had a long great conversation and I still remember the smell of Mee Hailam and the famous Pau at Yik Mun’s restaurant, the taste of home cooked laksa Taiping, and the sound of the rain on the way back home plus the non-stop 80's journeylistic songs.

4. ‘Rivers of Babylon’ by Boney M. I started knowing and loving music because of them. The cassette was passed to me by Papa Anis (my paternal uncle), when I was in Std 1. Me and 4 of Pa’s children would turn off the lights at night and play our toy drums, guitar and organ and danced our heads off 5 days consecutively before they flew back to Sweden.




5. ‘Phat Bass’ from Blade Soundtrack. Remember the song they played for the vampires while they get that bloody shower?
It never failed to activate my brains when I need to come out with creative designs for work or when I desperately need to look fresh and alert although I had a late night the day before.






Top 5 karaoke list:
1. How Do I – Leann Rimes
2. Joget Kelate – Nora
3. Aku Cinta Padamu – Sheila Majid
4. Endless Love
5. Kaulah Segalanya – Ruth Sahanaya

The song I wish I could sing as good as the singer itself.
There’s two actually.
1. Whenever You Call (Mariah Carey) and I wish I could do a duet with someone who can be at par with Brian McKnight.
2. All Coming Back To Me – Celine Dion

Yeah, yeaah… it will never happen in this lifetime! I’ll just settle as a Ratu Bilik Air.

Who are you going to pass this stick to and why?
1. None other than my partner in crime, Poncho. He passed a long list of his 80’s favourite songs and hell he’s got such a good memory – or rather mine is so bad.
2. Fade! Take this stick, I wanna know how many of 4U2C songs you still remember.
3. FG, I hope you haven’t done this yet you mysterious woman!
4. Zainframe, who seem to like songs way before his time… as if he’s reincarnated or something.
5. Ehleena, hope you haven't done this yet too. I have an extra question for you. What is the song you sing to youself the most?

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer