Monday, September 12, 2005

Vertical Road Trip

REMINDER TO SELF.

Find your own personal ethics early, and stand behind them. Always strive for a higher ethical standard, never let yourself be pulled down. Don't hesitate to argue your ethics around that campfire.

Do everything you can to help other climbers. They are your family while you pursue this sport, and this family can seem suprisingly small at times. Karma is real.
By Travis


After 3 months in this field, I am finally ready to buy my own climbing gears. Always thought it would just be 'hangat-hangat taik ayam' thing. Bbbb..bbut, I've been wanting to climb everything since.

Things to refine/get:
1. New set of Petzl harness (RM250)
2. New set of Madrock shoes (RM250)
3. Chalk bag (RM30)
4. Butt contour
5. Steady legs
6. Twice weekly session without ever ever being late.

Been missing bedroom outdoor activities; climbing at Taman Indah, Batu Caves. I decided to put it off until I'm much better with belaying techniques and ultimately paradigm shifting my mind at climbing routes with very few nooks to grab. My shin is still full of scars.

Stoopid C5 climbing gym at One Utama which I have enrolled for 6 months is taking forever to complete, they said it's supposed to be ready 1st of July. Today, I can only see scaffholding in the glass structure.

Glossary:
Belay: Use of a rope to protect a climber against a fall. A climber can be belayed by another person, or be climbing alone, using an advanced technique called a self-belay

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer