Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Hunch'sBack (continued)

[You'll have to read 1. The Hunch 2. The Hunch (continued) 3. The Hunch'sBack to understand this story]

They’re an Indian family, I’m sorry to need to sound prejudice, they are the Indian which other races would call the “k****g” to denote that they are from the lowest caste like the way he puts it and sometimes… yes, the way I put it too.

There’s six little kids looking weary and oily with their mother, all came out of the car and started browsing the kiosk’s shop. They pointed the M&M’s but the mother just ended up buying two cartons of milk.

Coincidentally, B handed me two packs of M&M’s and some money to pay for it. When I needed to return his balance and the items, he said “just give it to those two kids”. He was obviously observant.

My smile was ‘louder’ than the kids’ mother, I imagined so. They’re obviously poor. And how are we all blinded by people who seem to call other race’s names but, in reality, we all live so harmoniously, and when others need help, we’d always put those things aside and help all we could... yeah!

B, although a highborn person he is, helped all he could although it's a mere two packs. See, the project he’s trying so hard to win, the project which so many people want to snatch things away (typical IT scenes), he was practically dead broke spending his own money to make ends meet. The money he had in his wallet was only that last RM15 to last another 5 days.

B passed away very peacefully shortly after.

I realized then, why it was only him I needed to call before I left for Penang instead of my mother and the rest of the family, it’s only him I’d say goodbye to.
No wonder he needed to finish everything fast and call at wee morning to get things done. Thanks to God for giving me a wonderful dream, I knew it was homecoming for him.


*******************

Early March 2005. I experienced a whole week of paranoia that I will get into an accident.

To be continued.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer