Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Shall We Keep Dancing?

I decided, after watching the movie 'Shall We Dance', this is how my previous entry will end.

A bit about the movie.
John Clark (Richard Gere) got bored to death of his job (lawyer who writes wills for his clients) and mundane life. He has a wonderful and loving wife, a teenage daughter and son, but he has lost his passion for life. He secretly took up ballroom dancing classes in order to revive himself. That's where he got infected by all those passionate energies around him and dancing itself became such a magical thing to him and also towards his understanding family. He went beyond the awkwardness of a married man to get himself ethical resurrection. Why I said 'ethical resurrection'? Because he obviously love his family very much, while other men choose to get straight forward 'external service', this is a good example of generating good vibrations, bring it back home and further infect that vibrations towards his family.

The story is predictable, but try to appreciate the main idea and the dialogues instead.
***** ******** ** ***** ******

I am passionate about my job and yes it's just starting to get rather routine now, instead of giving up on the job, I prefer to find other things outside family and work to rejuvenate me who's already cozy inside my bubble. I love my friends, I know what they are passionate about but over time, I long to know other passionate people too, perhaps those I can also easily relate to. But to find new friends who may bring out other sentiments out of you and at the same time you can trust...hmmm? It's just not easy to find someone you can just hit it off easily when you are already snug in your nest, tired of handling silly school-timelike frictions anymore (and gosh it still happens!). Yeah, and tired of spending too much time contracting diabetes at the 'mamaks' while discussing those million dollar projects which we guarantee will never happen.

If not to revive myself, I'd still like to release those things I wish I could've shared or obtain more insights from other people outside my circle for a change. Afterall, we're as good as dead if we stop learning eih!

Now, if we continue to learn the same way from the same people everyday everyear, aren't we repeating ourselves.. like rewinding and forwarding the same CD instead of buying new ones or even write our own new songs?

In this matter, I am so sorry for those people who think people who blogs do not have a life. I don't learn anything out of clubbing every week, in fact, I don't learn anything out of playing ball every week too, they can be such hollow activities. We learn things through reading books and watching movies, and through this means, I learn about you and me.

I used to think that blogging is a great way to discuss even the most twisted, weakest, happiest, craziest side of us without the stigma of being gossiped and judged ON OUR FACE (what we don't know won't hurt us) as long as we remain a mysterious online journal writer.

But hey, how many thousands of bloggers are there in this country, let alone in this world who posts so many entries in a day/week? Yet, among aaaaaall these people, we found a few who are surprisingly living nearby, or having common interest in more than two or three topic of ponders, or accept our 'full of myself' garbs and horrible grammar, all in less than.... 3 months?

And to me, it takes a great strength of character to write in order to portray you're someone else, and keep writing only what you want people to see through blogging. Writing can be such passionate way of expressing oneself, just like dancing. So, how can I not feel so compelled to know these people in person? Can you?

I did think that bloggers should just remain as mysterious as possible among each other in order to sustain the bloglife. (Geeez, after awhile I hate calling you guys 'bloggers'). I do realise that there are those who took the extra mile to write just to make sure that apart from your own special interests, there's also something to accompany your friends' while going through their Monday blues or loneliness while they are far away from their homeland or there are those who share the lesson they learnt out of a certain feud so others' can take precautions, a feud they nor anyone would ever share in real life. This kind of generosity and humility, I witness everyday.

The first time I get to meet these people, I really felt like nothing but to give them the biggest hug first. I am not married like John Clark in 'Shall We Dance', maybe the awkwardness came from my great admiration and respect towards you guys, therefore hugs didn't even happen, I wasn't sure what to do nor what to say.

Yeap, it's grand to have an alternative dimension like this to discover new souls where we can take our time to examine and then comment on the contents of other's hearts and brains.

Pardon my physical awkwardness. Perhaps, everyday you still feel hugged by me by coming by here, just the way I feel everytime I go by yours.


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer