Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Speedy FIAT.

J is a very dear friend of mine. She's an ultra chirpy, independent woman who heads her own department in a PR company. I think the only time there is not a sound coming from her is only when she gets her weekly indulgence in her hair saloon or when she's asleep. The way she tells her staff off when they're incompetent at meeting deadlines, I swear, if it was my boss that does that to me, out of ego-I'd resign..... but I won't leave.
But she also tells them off even if they don't treat the creative suppliers' right; apart from other humane matters. I can tell that's why her colleagues and superior cherish her alot. It took awhile for me to realise that she's a blabber with a big heart. I'm trying to pick up some of that trait, brutal honesty, to stop my own head from getting stepped on all over, but not getting there yet.
This woman would drive 60km or so to my place whenever she gets into a fit about something, usually with regards to her other half- yeap.. all the way from Bangi. Then when she gets into a break-up for good, there was a long pause for anymore Vietnam coffee at Charms.
She recently called and said, "I need woman power!"
I thought there must be some short fling she got involved with that didn't work and the guy is definitely a downright asshole.
We met, handphones on the table, Nescafe and tea ordered, Marlboro accompanied her opening.
J: You know, once in awhile, I'd notice this yellow FIAT when I had to stop at our traffic light on my way out to work. It's such a sexy car.
Me: FIAT apa? None of them looks sexy to me.
J: Uuuhhh, it's niiiiiccceee.
Me: Cepatla apa cerita.
J: Last weekend, a makcik from the neighbourhood came knocking on my door asking my mother if the SLK infront of the house belongs to her daughter.
Me: Oh my God, you hit the FIAT?
J: That's what my mother thought ok! Kereta mana pulak I dah langgar. Anyway, she admitted that the car belongs to her daughter and I was still asleep upstairs. This is early in the morning and my mom was still in her 'kaftan'.
Me: So?
J: She asked if my mom's daughter might still be an available bachelor.
Me: Whuuuaaaaa'???? Just like that? Is this your childhood friend's mom?
J: No. My mom was so honest, pergi cakap I memang single. I don't know what was in her mind you know, telling these things to strangers, in our own neighbourhood pulak tu, manalah tau...blaa, blaaa, blaa, blaaa!
I noticed the rate she was puffing up Marlboro was much faster than usual.
J: And can you believe it, she passed her son's phone number and requested ME to ask her son out. Dunia ni dah terbalik ke? And can you believe it, my mom took the number without telling her that her son's the one who should be calling. Blaaa... blaaa.blaaa...blaaa!
Me: You are so gonna marry her son! Wuuuu!!!
J: Waaiiittt! Next morning, the yellow FIAT wound down the window at the traffic light and signalled me to pull over.
In my heart: *Sah, sah dia tiba-tiba naive and ayu pergi pullover.
J: The guy stepped out and quickly apologized what his mother did. Can you imagine? It's the FIAT's owner's mom! What? He can't be admiring me in my S.mall L.ittle K.ancil while I was marvelling his car. How on earth did he single me out by just noticing my ugly car on the road?
Me: Is he cute?
J: Okkkkkaaayyylaaa. He looks like a player. Anyway I gave him a piece of my mind about the fact that his mother expecting neighbours daughter to call her prince up.
Me: What's his name?
J: Harris. He's 30.
In my heart: *I wonder in what fashion she asked those details.
Me: Sounds like a cute guy! Okay man, someone older, hopefully wiser. *I could hear myself grinning.
J: So..... he asked for my business card, to make things right la konon.
In my heart: *She definitely passed her business card to proudly tell what she does.
J: My business card doesn't contain my handphone number, so I gave him la.
But right before we left, he noticed my handphone number wasn't on it.
In my heart: *She definitely obliged.
J: I don't think he'd dare to call me pun.
Me: You are so gonna marry him! Ha haaaa!
J: Waiiiittt! On my way back, I stopped to buy cat's food near my house. And there he was in his Tshirt and bermudas. He said he was about to get Fried Kuey Teow for dinner and asked me to join him. He's such a player!
At this point she's squinting her eyes in dissatisfaction already.
Me: Did you join him?
J: He said he wants to make it up with me by buying me dinner.
*Sipped our tea and Nescafe, answered our SMSs....
Me: So you had dinner with him?
J: Yeaah.
Me: OH MY GODDD! You are sooo gonna marry him! Please let me blog this. If you guys get married, I'm so gonna say all this in my speech.
J: Blog laaaah.
:)

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer