Monday, May 08, 2006

Piccadilly Reunion Moments.

Improvised: 9th May.
It's own dance moves, It's own Jim and Kishore taste of music, the best club lay out.

Someone said to me that some things are just best in its time.

Hasnol and committee have undoubtedly done a good job. Who doesn't want free entrance. But next time charge it people! It's not duit mak bapak kitaorang yang terbang anymore, we now earn our own money. It doesn't help the business too if there's not enough waiters.

In this case, I think it's just a matter of getting the DeeJays to do a better homework.

Kishore, Jim etc you guys couldn't find your LP's/CD's ke?

When four DeeJays are arranged to play the music, the possibilities of the songs being replayed is inevitable. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine - Four Tops dua kali, Don't Look Any Further - M People 2 kali, Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega 2 kali... aiseeyyyy boleh selit Never Gonna Give U Up - Rick Astley pulak of all things!

So what happened was, we danced a bit, we stood waiting a bit, we tried to figure out what's the next song many times....

We felt as if we were foreplayed for hours yet we couldn't climax.

Anyways, it's nice to see familiar faces. This time, my 'family' has progressed. My "family" as in my goodfriend, Shali's siblings of three (two girls, one boy). Shali came with her husband but one thing doesn't change, she still needs 1 1/2 hours to put on her make-up. Shak could drive and boy was she early - arrived 1/2 an hour after me.

Where's all your girlfriends?. I was referring to Shak's pose of porcelain skinned friends whom she goes clubbing with.

Shak: They said "Eiiiiiyaaaa so Melayuuuuu", so I said "Forget it! You all are Cantons!".
"You know what? I was just 14 when I started this!"

Dulu selalu turn up lambat and kononnya in-style macam Paris Hilton tak apa, sekarang tak boleh buat perangai tu, we're not young 'cikus' who can stand-up "circuslistically" for 4 hours. I do miss setting the mood while dressing up by playing the songs first in Shali's room or at least in Wij's (the loyal driver's) car.

The whole DV8 bunch of people, Edmund-DV8 owner now sports short hair (dah baik sejak bukak The Social @ Bangsar), Kudin with this trademark stoned face and the whole pose made me reminisce both Picad and DV8 years at the same time. After 10 years, obviously many are married with kids, but I wonder if anyone could beat AC Mizal who now has 4 kids I think. He wasn't around tho.

Anyways, we have turned into Minah skema, went back at 7pm sharp. This idea of making Tea Dance a comeback is good in many ways which I don't need to explain here. I'm so happy I get to take my time at washing my hair before I go to sleep and still get to sit down for a decent dinner before reaching home at 8:30pm.

To the DeeJays, here's a list of songs Poncho had purged out of his brains (he's still hung up lagu "I Thought You Were the One For Me" tak keluar.)

1. Informer - Snow
2. New Jack Swing
3. Every Little Step I Take - Bobby Brown
4. 3 AM Eternal - The KLF
5. Dreams - Gabrielle
6. I Wish - Gabrielle (this is my anthem)
7. Im Looking For New Love Baybe - Jody Watley
8. When Will I Be Famous - Bros
9. Jump - Kriss Kross
10. All Around the World - Lisa Stansfield
11.Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
12.You Don't Have to Take Your Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart
13.I Got the Power - SNAP
14.This Beat is Technotronic - Technotronic
15.Dangerous - Roxette
16.Sadeness -Enigma
17.Set Adrift on Memory Bliss - PM Dawn (mana boleh lagu ni takdee??)
18.Summertime - Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
19.O.P.P - Naughty by Nature
20.Motownphilly - Boyz II Men (Mo..town philly back aaagain!)
21.All 4 Love - Color Me Badd
22. Let's Talk About Sex - Salt N' Pepaa
23.Here We Go Let's Rock n Roll - C&C Music Factory
24. Good Vibrations - Marky Mark
25. Play that Funky Music - Vanilla Ice
26. You Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
27. Girl I've Been Hurt Now - Snow
28. Sweet for my Sweet.. Sugar from my heart.. - CJ Lewis
29. This is the right time - Lisa Standsfield
30. Rhythm is a Dancer - Snap
31. Girl You Know It's True - Milli Vanilli
Add:
32. Hello Africa, No Coke, It's My Life - Dr. Alban
33. Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan
34. Tease Me - Chaka Demus
35. Lovely Day - Bill Withers
36. How Gee - Black Machine (teenet tet tenet tet tet tet!)
37. I've Got a Little Something For You - MN8
38. Searchin' - China Black
39. Live and Learn - Joe Public
40. For the Cool in You - Babyface
41. R to the A to the G to the G to the Aaaa - CJ Lewis
42. Tina Turner's 'I dont wanna fight' remix by them is sth amazing, it's like they made it possible for such an old non disco singer to qualify in their list of songs.
43. Breakout - Swing Out Sister
44. Oh Carolina - Shaggy

Poncho, you da man! Apasal lu tak mintak keje jadi part time DeeJay? I suggest your nickname will be 'The Nerd'. We ended up singing those songs ourselves to pacify our thoughts that we could get overwhelmed at Grand Modestos.. which didn't happen.

Maybe we were deaf, I don't know. But I didn't hear any of the above songs while I was there 3:30pm till 7pm. Anybody knows what they played after that?

Did they end with slow songs for slow dance like Sejati by Wings?

Will I go again every week? Maybe for specific occassions once or twice a year, my lungs can't take the smoke anymore, hate loud conversations too.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer