Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Selamat Berpuasa.

I've been intoxicated with too much happiness but still with thoughts to blog at the back of my head everyday, so many subjects on KIV in my brain drawers. Yet, I'm feeling as if I'm losing my touch from Maine-Ideas. Writing is so therapeutic and I miss writing an entry which content is my own.

Yesterday I read Pak Lah's poem which he wrote two years ago which now being printed in Raya Cards. I miss genuine insights of our country's rulers whose speech texts are more often blurted out soul-less-ly because they are constructed by their PR assistant instead of coming from their hearts.

I don't mean to talk politics. No matter what people say about Pak Lah, I'm on his side. No one can be this strong at 'cleaning up the past taints' and stand strong against all the opposite characters. I am only more worried what happens after his time and beyond. But then again, we are all capable of looking after ourselves aren't we? See the colour of his heart, a poem which is his own, the mirror of his soul:

I seek the peace within

I seek not riches untold
To live a life of luxury,
I seek not millions,
To live a live of plenty,
I seek not friends so many,
To live a life of profligacy,
I seek he who is Al-Ghazali,
I seek he who is Al-Shafei,
To unravel the secrets in the Holy Book,
Seeking inspiration,
To unravel the secrets in the ways of the Prophet,
Seeking guidance,
I live only for him, my Lord,
He is my companion,
He is my guardian,
He suffices,
I live a life of full meaning,
Immersed in the peace within

And here's one taken from my collection of proverbs.

Make your mosque of compassion,
your prayer mat of sincerity;
Your Koran of honest and legitimate earning,
Be modesty your circumcision, noble conduct your Ramadhan fast--
Thus shall you be a true Muslim.

Make good deeds your Kaaba;
truth your perceptor;
Good action your Kalima and namaz.

Make your rosary of what pleases God;
Thus will you be honored at the last recknoning.

--Adi Granth (Var Majh).

Note to self: Never lose my personal sense of rhythm.

Selamat Berpuasa Everyone!

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer