Monday, February 20, 2006

Match Point

Nola: Where are you?
Chris: I'm at home, I can't talk right now she's right here.
Nola: When can I see you? I'm anxious, I need to see you.
Chris: What's the matter with you. I'll try to make up something okay.
Nola: I’m pregnant!
Chris: What? I’m trying to have a baby with Chloe for months and it never happened and with you….
Nola: Well, it’s love making between two people who’re passionately in love, sure it works!





Nola: Tell Chloe that you’re leaving her!!!
Chris: I will! It’s just not the right time.
Nola: Then when is the right time?”



Chris: My father in-law puts trust in me to handle his million dollar business entity. I don't think I can pull it off elsewhere. Is it worth starting from scratch with this gorgeous, lusty but... jobless, moody woman. I'm not going back to being a tennis instructor for God's sakes!

Nola: Have you told her yet?
Chris: Look. We’re going on a family vacation for 3 weeks in Greece, I’ll tell Chloe when we’re back.
Nola: What? No! I WANT YOU TO TELL HER THAT YOU’RE LEAVING HER NOW!!
Chris: I can’t spoil everything that the family has planned in a long time, just trust me.
Nola: Look, I can’t stand the fact that you’re gonna make love to her and be with her, it is romantic!
Chris: ‘Sigh!’

I woke up the day after the movie and still feeling Nola Rice’s pain after what Chris finally decided to do unto her.

Things in the past came haunting me. Sometimes I think partnership called love is the most evil game deviced for people living in this age full of indulgences to test our utmost selflessness.

I remember too, an interview on Sharon Stone I read in Marie Claire magazine:

Your single status seems to confirm the idea that it is difficult for two people to live together today...
Sharon Stone: Whether one is heterosexual or homosexual, it is never easy to build a couple.
Because we have more diverging centres of interest than before, and we are less inclined to make compromises like our parents did.

Yet.... the saying, Marriage Completes One's Religion. It puts human being in a lot more give and take situations.

Compromises is fine, but sacrifices between only two people? Which in contrary, I'm sure, can make one feel like almost losing thy religion. Doesn't sacrifices show selfishness of our significant other?

I applaud this movie for advocating its audience to side injustice without us knowing it. You'll see one twist after another, after another. And the suspence is so Hitchcockian. If you're having an extra affair, I won't be surprised if you might even break up with the extra other right after!

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer