Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bungled Burglars.

At 8pm I received a phone call from my sister, "Mainey, come back now. Our house got robbed!".

I wish I could put a sign infront of my house that says, "Awas! Kucing Garang!" (Beware of the Fierce Cats!)

Unfortunately.....

they are only good at helping me finish my money on buying their food and waste my time at washing mom's bedsheet when they feel like marking their territory at the most forbidden places.

I didn't bother to ask what got stolen, all the family's jewelleries were completely sweeped off 10 years ago in a swift act. What else could prove their effort to be profitable this time?

Oh, then I remembered... I hope they didn't take away my non flat screen TV and DVD Player. Can't live without them even for a day!

It's two in a team's job. One stationed himself in a silver WAJA WME 9503, another brought enough tools to break the back door at 8:20pm! My sister came back home, parked the car and walked to One Utama to pack her dinner. That's when they went in through the unlocked gate. Don't tell me they didn't anticipate others are coming back very soon after!?

Sis came back and that's when he dashed out to the car, she managed to look at the car plate number.

My dad's notebook, a Rolex watch (free punya, it was a gift), two bunches of master keys were taken. That guy had to go through 5 obstacles to get profits worth maybe just RM4K.

First obstacle is the unlocked gate, no brainer job. Second is the grill, his hand bled to get this done. Third, they crushed the wooden door keyhole before they got into the kitchen. Fourth, the door that separated the kitchen and the dining hall was also locked. Fifth, the masterbedroom door's lock.

Luckily everyone's safe, my cats diligently listened to the Investigating Officers when they were carrying out their duties. I hope they know what to do next time, jump on the robbers and scratch them silly.

Within 23 years of living in our house, we got robbed 4 times. Our immediate neighbour, it's like a ritual, once every year, yet they could not be catched.

We were informed that even if the robbers get caught, there's usually no way for anyone to proof anything unless we have a surveillance camera in our house to match the suspect. So the most they could do is beat them up, keep them in the lock up for 14 days maximum. If by any chance they have an evidence with them, maximum jail term is just 6 months while they still get fed twice a day.

I'm scarred with this feeling of our family's peace and privacy being pried open. If I get to catch them with my own hands, I'd beat them shitless. Yes, I will!

Sign,
TTDI Activist.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer