Thursday, October 01, 2009

Leader Bleeder

"The man who is worthy of being a leader of men will never complain about
the stupidity of his helpers, the ingratitude of mankind nor the inappreciation
of the public. These are all a part of the great game of life. To
meet them and overcome them and not to go down before them in disgust,
discouragement of defeat - that is the final proof of power."


- William J. H. Boetcker

If I were to read that towards 20 something pemakan gaji, they'd tune out--'I do not understand, what it is all about'. Or perhaps they'd nod in pretence of understanding.

.......

Would it be delusional for me to say I understood what being a leader is, what it can do, what it can destroy, so much earlier in life.

I saw what it did to late daddy, what it did to my mom, now.... what it is doing to me.

.... that it teaches me to understand specialization by gender. It puts that belief that if women can be a leader, it has to be done only with humility, with compassion.

What a disgrace to see the sight of women leaders who lose their feminisme the way Rafidah does it.

What a disgrace to see the sight of men leaders who makes workplace their territory for personal glory.

Leading is through being the one who keeps others engaged to your sense of guardianship.

Leading is through letting other people see their own qualities with clarity.

Leading is to have interest in having sincerity to work with people who can be better than us.

Today is the day I get that harsh flashbacks of my past comrades. The people who'd spend their dollars and cents, their sweat and blood, not primarily to chase money coz we hardly speak about it, but to keep everyone in the team up in pride, to keep the fun lingering.

..... I'm here and so far, I have proven that all our legacies are that of respectful substance.

If they are not blind and if I'm not full of myself and think I'm really holier than thou, that my personal integrity surpasses the need for silly signs of appreciation from people who don't matter to me.

Though, there is this very thin line where all that can just break into a thousand pieces like a thin piece of glass and hurt with great mess to everyone who steps on it.


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer