Friday, August 22, 2008

My Religion Went Out the Window.

I walked into the mosque yard, I was hoping to catch one muslimat in order to find my way into the prayer room as the first floor seemed dark.

I waited, it's two more minutes before Adzan Maghrib. There was so much wind in my stomach, and I think I better let it all out before it spoils my prayer. So I quickly walked in anyways and an old man looked at me while making his way to the muslimin's area and told me, "Tempat sembahyang perempuan kat sana, tempat wudhu' sebelah situ ye".

Either I look totally lost, or totally unreligious, or the least, that guy is telepathic.

There were only 20 muslimats in the women's prayer room, it was malam Jumaat, when there should be a roaring session of prayers. But yeah, there were 20 muslimats. Of course the number of men was enough to fit the main hall.

It was time to perform Maghrib prayer, I rushed to tighten the gaps between the muslimats.... but I felt the wind blowing my prayer robe.

I moved to the left and pulled the one on my right to get closer. She moved but later moved back further. Before I could do anything, the Imam is already reciting "Allahu Akbar".

.........

This is our first Doa Kesyukuran in the mosque, in the quest to be a better person each new day I wake up breathing, seeing, moving, loving as parents and children to our parents.

The Doa was for the birth of our son, a few was done but by my parents who had waited the arrival of a male descendant for years.

While we waited for Adzan Isya', a makcik was distributing Kuih Cara around. I took one, sooo delicious.

"Makcik buat sendiri?"

"Iyeee, makcik buat."

I heard in the far corner, one lady was telling someone, "Habiskan cepat minyak tu, dah habis order lagi dari I."

Oh, oh, I let out the gas again.

Came back to the prayer area and a lady was distributing the small mineral water bottles. Someone must've taken part in the contribution of drinks today.

"Takpela makcik."

The lady looked strangely at me.

Then comes the Bacaan Yassin. Oh my, I'm already 33 and I haven't byhard Yassin, and the Imam read it faster than I could sing Buai Laju Laju to my son.

I was quivering, is my effort going to be accepted by Him? I better hold one more next week.

Oh... then I noticed, everyone was reading the Yassin with the bottles of mineral water infront of them--the lids opened.

How can I not realised that it is a great opportunity to collect our own prayer water. Uugghhhh......

I was beaming at those who herd 4-5 bottles altogether in front of them.

Of all people, the one who arranged for the Doa Kesyukuran is not bringing back prayer water.... poor little Amer, not able to drink the water for his presence.

The Yassin recital was over and suddenly the makcik who offered me the bottle, charged towards the person with 5 bottles in front of her and whispered something; took two bottles away and handed one to me.

You can surely imagine how grateful I felt. The makcik is surely telepathic, I CONFIRM!! I kept looking back at her to confirm she totally exist, not a gliding angel.

We had only ordered nasi lemak to return everyone's gesture. I waited at the exit of the muslimat's place to distribute them. I hope they'd consume it though I'm sure there's better food on the table served to them before they come for prayers.

Everyone took off their prayer robe, the look of the Jones appear. Inspite of that, I appreciate how sincere their words of 'Terima Kasih' and a big appreciative smile and congratulating me for the new son when handed the food.

I know I was the youngest around that night. Though it is not an excuse for them to excuse me for my kermit awkwardness.

God definitely knows, how tiny I felt as His khalifah, as tiny as a dust. I have to brush up on this.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer