Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Pangkor Painted Red


It was my first 4 days away from maine-ideas. The first day felt quite weird, there were only Malay newspapers at the Teluk Dalam Resort and I was too lazy to plonk myself in its business unit, it's just not like home.

The resort was emptied for one day to prepare it for our group of company's visit. There were only about 20 people in there. The rest of my team decided to just laze and gossip by the beach but I decided to visit Pangkor town alone, get everything I needed to get so I'll have more time playing ball games once the 200 odd people arrives the day after.

Discovered Kim, Salun Muhibbah. The Ah Moi said hair wash and blow service is RM10 per person. Plonked myself there.... I tell yeah, it's more of down to the waist shiatsu than a hair wash!! In KL, I'd roll my eyes if they finish up in 15 minutes. Here, after 1/2 an hour, they still continue massaging - I was worried my private taxi would snap at me for waiting so long.

Oh! While rinsing my hair, the Ah Moi asked if I wanted a facial wash, she said it's RM2! After showing me a tube of Kao Biore scrub, I knew why it's so cheap, I agreed to the idea, another 15 minutes of facial massage there. Walked on the main shopping street and bought a couple of excellent fisherman's pants, just RM18 each. Stopped at the herbal tea stall for a cuppa. I already felt at home, my soul's at ease.

No party can be as big the group of company's after one leaves the college. The first nite, we had an excellent fire spitter we hired from the mainland just to lure some of us to the bon fire set up by the beach. He stood infront of one of the girls and flexed his chest muscles and asked her to do the same.

I'm still smiling by myself till today remembering how my wish came true. Piccadilly era was brought back by Raymond, the hired DJ who's also a friend. Back to Life, Snap, Gabrielle, I've Got the Power, Tevin Campbell, Don't Look Any Further... and one guy who could actually dance towards the beat so effortlessly puts me in such a great satisfaction. Nothing like the carefree years in school. Now, it's still R&B with RM40 cover charge and pretentious no rhythm party goers. Hmmmpphhhhh!!!

The last party night, we jumped into the swimming pool at 2 a.m while a bunch other played water polo. After a cup of coffee, walked back to our challets. At 4:00 am, all the windows were rattling due to strong wind. I switched off the air-cond, opened the front balcony doors and just let the sea wind in till morning. This is worth a journal entry.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer