Saturday, August 28, 2004

It takes the Sultan to make them give a flying f**k.

I am still thinking about my masterplan (without getting lost or having to call someone to rescue me or end up in another state and forcefully decide to stay there for good) to get to Kampung Kuantan after the sad story. At the petrol station, the sight of the fireflies issue on the first page of The Star gave me a jump start even before my car gets it on my Friday morning. I mean, it used to be about court cases about 'self inflicted' rape cases or about both husband and wife decided to give the property developer 8 years of chances to collect interest using their downpayment, whatever that can make the ethical press do tabloid indirectly.

For a change, The Star gives a damn coz I guess they wanna show that it takes the Sultan to make dem give a damn (heyh, wha do ah su'nly sounin lak a black mahma?)

I'm delighted to learn that Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah took the trouble to call back from London to address his concern. See, that makes me remember his long winded name now. Lucky it's just a phone call, not a howler like those seen in Harry Potter!

“I am more interested in seeing government agencies take immediate action than having to know that they are passing the buck. They shouldn't be in the dark over what to do to save the fireflies,'' said the Sultan in a telephone interview from London.

Dr Khir said he would heed the Sultan's directive and was equally concerned about the possible extinction of the fireflies, found in large numbers in Kuala Selangor.

The Sultan: Wants other natural resources protected too.

Yeah, of course you would heed the directive, put all your 'land' plans aside (like allowing low cost houses purchased by high income bracket earners).. for awhile, they won't get out of your sight! Maybe you should get involved in the action, get into the swamp too so you can lose your thick looks.

Next, I do suggest for the rest of the Sultans to take up public speaking classes, heard that they are highly educated but don't know for what good.. yet. All of them are about the same size physically, except for Sultan Azlan Shah. Would they just... make some noise without the 'Beta' and 'beradu', and 'santap' blaa! blaa!

How I long to hear other issues that comes to each state's respective Sultan's concern.

Oh, please God! I'm gonna be able to bring my future kids to see this creature, I really hope so.

Sultan Selangor, u rock! If your 13 year old son fancies mature, emotionally stable, fun, ravishing chic, who loves nature, call me (but not to be his future mother ah, pls)! Oh, I could borrow your driver to bring me places too.

Previous post on this matter: Firefighting for fireflies (see side bar)


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer