Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thank You Pok Ku!

I came back from a long escapade and among the first few things Poncho did was to check the blog. Mentang-mentanglah ada N73.




Truthfully, MI readership only goes up to a max of 150 per day on weekdays. To stand out in Pok Ku's eyes and the very few commentors and at times, impart opinions towards nothingness is more than rewarding. The highest hit I can remember was 400 readers a day for 2 weeks after Saiful Nang linked his fp to mine. See, nowhere compared to TV Smith - 14000 hits a day?

Even discovering blogging itself has brought so much magical things. Yes darling Poncho? We got married because we met in tblog (whatever happened to TheRoadie?) and went through many crazy things and met many interesting people and seen many different places.

My first blog was named Maineframes, it was not started by me, but created and branded by the late legendary blogger - Joe Blogs. If any one still remember the Supandi Saga (the Melayu who conned so many Melayus who got caught red handed by bloggers) and the funds to save the unfortunate baby who's born with her brains outside her skull - late Mariam Mia.

Back then, blogging was a tool to discharge my frustrations about the society. Later I realised, like late Johan Ismail, one can make many small contributions through blogging.

Thanks to Poncho's patience and encouragement, I got to do a few small time 'Pay It Forward' projects. To name one, providing English part time classes towards kids from the lower middle income bracket families.

One could complaint till the cows come home about the society, but yeah, talk and blog are the cheapest ways to show that we care.... everyone loves to sound like a great society's psychoanalyst.

Poncho and I hope to be able to share the experiences we gain from the things we try to contribute towards others with whatever cents, five senses and sticks that we have through this means.
Pok Ku will always be the all time Thinking Blogger award winner. I liked what Stingray wrote about self analysis, except this American Idol mumbo jumbos but he stopped after he found his other half... sheesshhh! Awang Goneng makes me think and worry if I forget my office assignments, but I appreciate his research work on history very very much.
Amir Hafizi is an intelligent and hillarious pemaki hamun, that's why nobody bother to saman him. I hate to read about politics but at least I know some stuff through his mind. Fazu, for his talent in intertranslating and jazzifying Bahasa and English poems and sajak. I thought it is stuff capable only by the retirees!
I hope photoblogs are also accepted, the message sent through Saiful Nang's photos got me closer and closer towards the rural part of this country, thinking harder on how to embrace the colours. How he runs his business is a good inspiration; sharing experiences even with his competitors!
Thank you Pok Ku and thank you readers!

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer