Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Your Presence Still Lingers Here


Jesse: Is that why you're in a relationship with somebody who's never around?

Celine: Yes, obviously I can't deal with a day-to-day life of a relationship.
Yeah, you know, we have this exciting time together and he leaves, and I miss him.... but at least I'm not dying inside.
When someone's always around me, I'm suffocating.

Jesse: Wait, but you just said that you need to love and be loved?!

Celine: Yeah, but when I do, it quickly makes me nauseous. It's a disaster, I mean, I'm really happy only when I'm on my own.

Even being alone is better than sitting next to a lover and feeling lonely.

It's not so easy for me being a romantic. You start off that way, and after you've been screwed over a few times, you forget about your delusional ideas and you take what comes into your life. That's not even true, I haven't been, screwed over, I've just had too many BLAH relationships!

They weren't mean. They cared for me but there were no real connection or excitement. At least, not from my side.

Jesse: God, I'm sorry. Is it really that bad? It's not, right?

Celine: You know, it's not even that! I was..... I was fine until I read your fucking blog book!
It stirred shit up you know. It reminded me how genuinely romantic I was... how I had so much hope in things... now it's like I don't believe in anything that relates to love.

I don't feel things for people anymore. In a way, I put all my romanticism into that one night... I was never able to feel all this again. Like somehow that night took things away from me....

Gossh, it did.

Taken from
'Before Sunset'
Listening to: My Immortal - Evanescence

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer