Monday, July 09, 2007

Balik ke Kampung Poncho.

Dear Abby the Real Intellect,

Just to share you a story that has to do with your comment on getting tourists do the real kampung thing, stay in a kampung house, pasang ubat nyamuk, tidur ramai-ramai.

Ever since I got pregnant, I was actually waiting for my own craving querks. Tapi tak ada pun, those I demanded are just due to avoid me feeling queasy against certain funny smelling food.

The only thing I longed for was to just sit in the middle of the woods. I just wanted to hear birds chirping, the sound of leaves grazing against each other, crickets ricketing at dusk, trees that bear tropical fruits and the sound of snapping branches under my feet as I walk pass all the trees.

I read recently in the papers, there's this homestay program at Kampung Hj. Doramy in Sabak Bernam that offers real life experience at the bendang, harvesting mangoes and coconuts. Learn batik drawing, make traditional kuih-muih. Wow!! Kan!!

But Poncho said, "Baik balik kampung."

I agreed immediately as my kampung is right smacked in the middle of a pekan.

We convoyed with his parents car. Reaching Kuala Pilah is abreeze. Of course I felt this way after comparing the hours we always made to Kota Bharu.

His mak bought blue crabs to cook us Ketam Gulai Kuning. She brought the mangkuk tingkat that is filled with other prepared lauk she cooked since 4am this morning at home. I saw golden fried cekodok in there too... emmmm!!!

We walked out the car, the land is big enough to place three big kampung houses within the same enclosure. They're owned by Poncho's mum's siblings. Bila sampai aje, Kak Long Milah who's staying in the adjacent house called us over. Oh gosh, there were durians waiting to be eaten. Kitaorang bentang tikar belakang rumah and makan bawah langit while I was trying to understand their Nogoghi dialect.

Poncho bukak baju menunjukkan perut pregnant nya and started the grass cutting machine.
We later on carik buah manggis lepas makan lunch.

At night... halamak, nak mandi tu yang lemah gila tu. Air panas takde (mengadala nak buat perangai orang bandar pulak).

I got it Abby, we did the kampung thing at last. Tidur atas tilam kekabu atas lantai, pasang ubat nyamuk and the cengkerik was making the background music.

It's a goal that must come true, we want to buy a land and build a rumah batu and kayu with a big garden to plant all the fruit bearing trees.

To be continued by Poncho.... I hope. This time, the content is dedicated to Jemey.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer