Friday, September 15, 2006

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Why is it when we hear about someone so passionate about what he does and become famous for it dies we have this... sad is sure it.. but..more of that sore turbulence in our chests?

Everone's sad and wonder why is it that he had to go at such a young age. I'm talking about Steve Irwin.

In retrospect, I think it is ourselves that we're subconsciously reflecting. Even if I'm given 3 extra lives I can't guarantee I could cover as much as Steve did in his under average lifespan.

He could have done more? Animal Planet channel was articulated by him. His continuous movements and the want to share more with the world had him and wife less interested in having kids... but they finally fulfilled that calling and have two beautiful babies.

"Do you fear death?" asked Anne. "Most people do. As a matter of fact it is one of the most common fears people have."

"I don't know, I replied." "It seems like there's a lot to do in life, and I don't want to die before I have a chance to do all the things I want. But death isn't something I think about every day."

People who haven't asked themselves the question you saw on the menu, and haven't taken the steps to fulfill their PFE with what they want to do,"... Anne looked at me and paused... "those people fear death," she said.

Excerpt, The Why Are You Here Cafe - John P. Strelecky



Steve's surely a man who had fulfilled his Purpose for Existing (PFE). So I really bet that we are sad for ourselves while he had died smiling--he made a difference to the world, and what he left will continue his legacy in many good ways.

This book's story pattern is just like 'Before Sunset', not in the way that it is a love story, rather in the way that the plot all happens continuously within 24 hours or so and there's no intense character build-up. Just conversational and deep thoughts.

If you have been wondering what is your Purpose of Existence, I tell ya darlings, it is more than discovering God and religion! And this is what we have to discover first to avoid ending up suddenly becoming overzealous and subsequently become complacent (it's always the case isn't it?) about the joy of being alive.

I had the priviledge of reading this book to my loved one while I was in Phuket. I don't know about him, but I know he sensed that I was holding back my tears at the end of story, not because it has a sad story line, not at all. Part of it is probably because I am grateful for finally being on the path towards fulfilling another one of my PFE.

It now answered one thing, I wondered why I still couldn't shut down this blog. It fulfills part of my PFE, I don't want to exist and just fulfill things for just myself.

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer